1.28.2010

By Grace Alone

So, what was in the box?

It was this:



And this necklace means so much to me, of course because it is a gift from The Man, but also because of the three words on it "By Grace Alone".   It is handmade by Lisa Leonard and I came to know of it through the amazing (in)courage blog - If you haven't been, go, and you'll be so glad you did.

By the grace of God, I am what I am.
~I Corinthians 15:10

By Grace Alone...
I persevered through a rough year.
I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin.
I learned to be quiet and listen to God.
I learned that courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it whispers.
I am, what I am.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is beatiful! Your hubbs did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. Kristen got one of Lisa's necklace's from my mom for Christmas, too. It has little feet on it. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly lovely!!! I love those necklaces. One of these days I'm going to get one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Courage doesn't roar...it sometimes whispers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!!!! Very beautiful...YAY hubs for doing such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this necklace! It has been sold out since Christmas! So glad you got one. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! My hubby got me a Lisa Leonard necklace for Christmas (this one) and I adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is beautiful. A work of art with profound meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful and wonderful gift. How blessed you both are to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift! (and a good reminder. I need to feel a little grace in my own life.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, loved every thing about this post. The pic, your words and your heart.

    Hugs from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.