1.23.2010

Back to School

It all started with a book, this book:

in my way as I was trying to curl up with another book.

I picked up the book and thumbed through it.

And then, my stomach turned.

The thought of being in school again - ugh.

But the book isn't for me.  It's for The Man.  In May of 2011, he'll graduate with his Physical Therapy Assistant degree.  A long story, short, this path will enable him to continue doing what he loves while earning more money for both himself and the rehab/fitness center where he works.

I looked over at The Man and realized the sacrifice he is making.  He's going to work full time, complete volunteer and practicum hours, attend classes, do homework, and continue to be the amazing husband that he is.

And then, my stomach stopped turning.

And the thought of being in school again made me swell with love and gratitude; because if the thought of being in school again initially made my stomach turn, it caused a much larger reaction in The Man.  But rather than give in to the fear and dread and take the easy path, he chose to do what will be better for our family in the long run.

And for that, I am more grateful than words could ever express.

6 comments:

  1. very cool. Isn't it amazing the things our husbands do? I think so. Congrats and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the nicest posts I have seen in a while. It is great that you're both willing to make tough choices, and that you are so appreciative of your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like your hubby is upgrading his skills in his current job this is preferable because gaining employment is always harder then doing the study .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good man God has given you. What a good perspective God has given you. What a good reminder God has given me through you. Blessings to both of you on The Man's endeavor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the man!! :) We really need drinks soon to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that he enjoys his time! It'll be a sacrifice, but hopefully he's able to get some fun out it. There's no point in working if we can't figure out how to have fun at it, right?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.