12.28.2009

Different

Well, I didn't get it all done - not even close.

And I didn't freak out.  Not even once.

What I did do was enjoy Christmas.  And the time with family.

What I didn't mention before was that this Christmas was going to be different.

I didn't mention it because I had already freaked out about it (sorry 'bout that honey).

Not so much freaked out from stress, but from hurt.

I don't want to go into many details about that side of it, because on this side of it is something so far from hurt I can barely put it to words.

On this side of it is a girl who spent Christmas Eve with The Man and part of my in-laws - 2 SILs and my MIL and FIL.

On this side of it is a girl whose heart is full of love and family.

On this side of it is a hurt that was healed by those who didn't do anything to cause it.

I've always thought I 'hit the jackpot' where in-laws are concerned.

Now I know, this amazing extended family is another gift from God.  A gift I'm not sure I deserve, but I sure am grateful to have.

The spirit of Christmas was truly in my heart this year - never before has it been so evident.

**Updated (at 10:56pm) to add:
You are all making such sweet comments, but I'm realizing the focus was more on the sad than the happy and my intent was to be on the happy.  I am quite all right and actually very happy with how everything turned out.  Would I have changed the way it went down, maybe, but maybe not because if I had, who knows if it would have ended up so well!

7 comments:

  1. How blessed you are indeed. I'm sorry about the hurt, but how wonderful you could share the time with your inlaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you can see the blessings despite the hurt. I'm glad you have The Man and his family...I'm glad you had a good blessed Christmas with them!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your in-laws, despite the hurt and pain. It was wonderful to see you as we were passing through, I'm so sorry that I did not pick up on the fact that you are hurting. As you know, it was a distracting lunch. I hope you realize how much you are loved and appreciated! Please call me or email if you want to talk, I'm always hear to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a good Christmas! :) And so glad you have a gift in your extended family. God is so good, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you, always finding the good in the bad! I'm glad everything turned out great despite whatever you were up against!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up, but I'm glad I waited and read the "update" at the same time. With some pain there is always pleasure, of that I'm sure. I'm glad that you were able to focus on the latter. Merry belated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always nice when members of my family and anyone else's don't have a falling out around Xmas .

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.