12.12.2009

Blogoversary: Somewhere in the Middle

A year ago today, I started this blog.  I really didn't think I'd be sitting here a year later still writing.  I thought it would be one of those things that I started, but never finished.

I've written about Faith, Friends, Family, Football; opened a few Cans of Worms; participated in Carnivals; and even given and received Awards.

When I read back through my posts, I see how I've changed.  I see the highs and lows of this past year.  But what I see most is how wrong I was.

I thought this blog would be a place for me to record the fun little things that happened in my life.  It certainly has done that.  But as I drove to the airport on Thanksgiving Day to pick up my brother and his fiance, missing Mass to do so, I felt God urge me to listen to the 'Inspirational' Genre on my iPod (if I couldn't worship at Mass, I could in the car).


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!
As I listened to the music, tears streamed down my face.  It became very clear to me that I have much to be thankful for.  And I felt God speak to my heart again.

The title of this blog comes from a song that is very special to The Man and I.  I stand by it's title, with one addition.  In everything I do I want to be sure The Man Feels My Love so that I may praise God, for without Him, I do not have The Man.

While there's been lots of fun stuff around here, the process of sharing my faith walk, my struggles, feeling the prayers of others and of praying for others has meant so much to me.

And it became clear to me that God had bigger plans for this blog in my life.  It has become a chronicle of my walk in Faith.  Of my increased knowledge and increased understanding of what it means to love and follow Him.  Little did I know that this blog, and a simple Resolution to become more educated about my Faith, would have such a profound impact on my life.

Two-thousand nine has not been an easy year for us.  I've struggled with my purpose in life; we've struggled financially; and at times, I thought I might just lose it.  With each step forward, it seemed that we took ten steps back, and at times it became very hard to bear.  It put stress on our marriage, and while I wouldn't say our marriage was ever in danger, it was more work than it was easy this year.  It was the first year that I can say that.

But I've learned that God goes before me, always.  That while He is omniscient, He also cares deeply.  That the power of gratitude and prayer cannot be underestimated.  That while I'm not comfortable quoting scripture, He is present in my life.  Most importantly, I've learned that He has a place in my every day life and not just at Mass on Sundays - and how easy it is to have Him in my everyday life.

I'm definitely not claiming to have it all figured out or to be perfect.  I still fail every day, the difference now is that I understand that God does not love me any less when I fail.  I am absolutely Somewhere in the Middle (part of playlist above).

To those of you who've walked any part of this journey with me, you have touched my life.  You've touched my life in a more profound way then I ever expected.  Whether it's with consistent visits and comments or your own posts on your blogs, the impact has forever changed me.  You were just what I was going to need this year, I didn't know it, but God did.  From the bottom of my heart, I thank-you.  If I could hug each and every one of you - I would, so consider yourself (((hugged))).

I had no idea what the first year would hold, but I am certainly looking forward to the 2nd...

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely blogoversary post. I am so happy that I found your blog, it's been wonderful to get to know you!

    There is so much I feel I could add to this comment, but then feel that it's best left alone. I, too, am looking forward to your 2nd year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and well said!

    I'm sorry it's been a rough time, but glad to know that you are happy in your life and your walk with God this year.

    Happy blogoversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman

    Any time you want to learn.

    Thanks for the comments and happy blogoversary! I'm glad you are starting to look up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wholeheartedly agree with you that while I wasn't sure where this blog was going, what I first thought when I started it and where it's at now...for me...are two very different things.

    While I'm not certain I've grown in a certain respect of my life, I know that I've reached out into blogland and found many people who could help me grow in that direction if I wanted to. I don't know yet what I'm looking for....but whatever it ends up being...blogland has it. The community you can find here is a wonderful thing. I'm proud to be part of yours and to have you as part of mine.

    Congrats on your anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I know how you feel. Sometimes, even though I keep the most personal stuff off my blog, I feel so grateful for the surprising little community I have found. There are such amazing women who are willing to offer friendship and encouragement to a virtual stranger who really NEEDS it. Sometimes I wish I had kept my blog a secret from family and friends so I could be truly honest about some of the nitty gritty and be all anonymous just so I could benefit from all the lovely words of wisdom I would receive. It's awesome how something like a computer can help you reach out to others around the globe to be inspired, make a friend, or simply vent.
    I'm glad you found what I've found! Blog on, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary! This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the one year blog anniversary. Yeah when I first started blogging I didn't think that I would have enough material . It never proved to be a problem .

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.