11.13.2009

Moving On

Updated 5:15pm:  I received an email saying that while I was a great candidate (and the reasons why) and they'd like to keep my resume on file, I did not get the job.  But, they'd like to keep me in mind for if the program expands next year.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  For now, I'm still, moving on.


Original Post:

I'm moving on.

I've heard nothing at all from my interview last Friday.

I've sent a thank-you note for the interview.

I've sent an email ensuring I had not missed a call (found out my mom left a voicemail earlier this week that I did not get, got a little panicked).

I've heard nothing.

I'm moving on.

Thankfully, I've got a wonderful distraction tonight.

WVU plays Cincinnati.  In Cincinnati (it's on ESPN2 at 8:00 if you're interested).

Last year, Cincinnati upset us at home.  In Double Overtime.  After we had come back from being down by 2 scores with less than 2 minutes to go in regulation.  Including an on-side kick recovery and a 52 yard field goal.

This year, Cincinnati is undefeated.  Ranked #5 in the country.

This year, we've shown spurts of potential, but haven't put it all together.

On twitter this morning, the question was posed, should we feel bad if WVU upsets Cincinnati and knocks them out of National Championship contention - because it would be bad for the Big East Conference?

Um, NO!  WVU comes first.  Let's ruin Cincinnati's season tonight.  Then Pitt's on the 27th.  And finish up with a good ol' fashioned slaughtering of Rutgers on Dec. 5th.

The Big East wouldn't even get a tenth of the respect, however small it is, that it currently gets if it weren't for WVU the last few years.  We've been consistently competitive and we've consistently won our bowl games.

Tonight, I'm hoping and praying that we put it all together.  My stomach is in it's usual state of uproar.  But there is a sense of hope, of maybe tonight instead of dread and worry.

I'm hoping the boys actually playing the game are feeling the same way!

Let's GOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Becky, I didn't know you were applying for a job. I'm so sorry you didn't get it (whatever it was) and I'm sure they missed out on a super employee. Keep moving on! That's what we have to do. Love you, Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.