11.06.2009

At Peace (and some football too)

Wow - what a week!


From water heaters leaking to putting it all out there to unexpected phone calls to an interview, it's not what I thought this week might hold.


And guess what, there's a home game tomorrow!  (You know I couldn't go a WHOLE week and not talk football, right?!?!)


So for now, it's in God's hands.  If I'm offered the job, I will take it.  If I'm not offered the job, I'll know it was not what God wants from me at this time.


It is in God's hands (is it ever not in His hands?).  And I'm very much at peace with that.  


Thank-you to all of you who have prayed and reached out this week, it means so much.  


So for now, I wait.


So let's talk some football.


Last week?  Not good.  Not good at all.  In both of our losses this year, we've blown a great start and a lead by beating ourselves.  I never like to lose.  No, I hate to lose.  But, if a loss must come, let it be to a better team who beats our best.  This beating ourselves with turnovers and lack of execution is killing me.  Talent is not an issue with this years Mountaineers, but for some reason playing all-out a whole game is.


This week?  Can be a HUGE statement game if WVU chooses to make it one.


Even with 2 losses, the 4 most important games of our season start tomorrow.  I know it's such a cliche to say, it's a 4-game season.  But truly for the Mountaineers, it is.  With 4 wins, we win the Big East Conference Championship and earn a BCS Bowl Bid.  Everything, wins and losses, before now really do not matter.  If we win out, we win.  If we lose, we lose.  It's really that simple.  Each game means everything as far as the results of this football season go.


Tomorrow, I am hoping to see an impassioned, recommitted, determined group of Mountaineers take the field.


Let's GOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.