9.24.2009

Without Details

I did not get out of bed until 11:30 today.


I was not up late.  I was in bed by midnight.


I slept through the night.


It was a morning when I just could not will my feet to the floor.  When I needed to just close my eyes and be still.  To move between awake prayer and sleep.


I want to be transparent here.


I want to share why I could not get out of bed.


I want to share why I am still in my pajamas now that it is 12:30.


I want to share the details of this storm.


I even have the post written.


All I have to do is click 'publish'.


But I am not ready. not. yet.


Does that make it okay for me to ask for prayers?  Prayers for peace; for understanding that there is a reason; for strength?


I have not asked, because I feel as if I owe an explanation if I am going to ask for prayers.


I am not ready.  I do not know if I will be ready.


If you are willing to pray without details, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.