9.25.2009

Friday Fragments





Last week's fragments went well with Jennifer's 7 Quick Takes, and I'm still feeling a little fragmented so it will go well again I think!  (For more Quick Takes - go here.)


  1. Can I tell you how blessed I feel to be a part of this blogging community?!  Yesterday was a rough one from the start, but the prayers that you all offered on my behalf made a difference - at the very least in my knowing they were being offered.  From the bottom of my heart, I say Thank-you!
  2. Along with your prayers yesterday, I did some praying myself.  I don't sit still and just listen well, and since I am participating in the Bloom Book Club (there is a button on my sidebar - the book is Crazy Love) it was a perfect day to do some reading and reflecting.  It is, so far, very timely in my life.  Most importantly, teaching me how to focus my eyes and heart on God, and trust in Him.
  3. Speaking of trusting in Him, Sunday, I am taking a huge leap of Faith.  I will be teaching Religious Education at our church.  That's not the leap of Faith - the fact that it's the 9th grade class is!  Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, and the occasional First Grader are much more aligned with my comfort zone, but for some reason, this is where I feel God pulling me.  I just keep telling myself, God does not make mistakes - over and over again.  I am looking forward to the challenge, I pray that I am able connect with these kids so that they  want to learn and grow in their Faith.
  4. And now I leap to another topic!  This weekend, there is no Mountaineer Football to stress me out enjoy.  We have an off week tomorrow and then host Colorado on Thursday.  I will miss my afternoon of sitting on the edge of my seat, cheering, and losing my voice - but I am glad that my stomach is not doing back flips today.  I've said it before, but seriously, you'd think I was playing in these games.
  5. Instead of football we will be spending tomorrow with my FIL and then having a game night with friends of ours.  Both should be relaxing and rejuvenating.
  6. Does anyone else watch Survivor?  Last season was the first one I had ever watched.  I am now hooked and wonder what in the world took me so long?  One of the castaways is down right nasty, evil even.  When the others get to watch these episodes, he should probably have left the country.  The irony (or not really) is that this guy's real life job is owning an Oil Company!!!  If this is how he runs his business, it's no wonder gas and energy prices are so high.
  7. In addition to Survivor, some of my favorite shows are:  Army Wives, Desperate Housewives, Flash Forward (the first episode was last night, so far so good), Lost, Law & Order: SVU, Weeds, and Big Love.  And one of my favorite things about my favorite shows is my DVR - I can watch when it works in my schedule!  What are some of your favorite TV shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.