8.31.2009

Music Monday



This Music Monday Song was the last one the man gave to me before we got married. We were trying to decide on a 'first dance' song and of all the other songs he had given to me (there are others, and even a few I gave to him than just those that I've featured the last few weeks) none seemed just right. The songs were 'right' for the time they were gifted - but not 'right' for a first dance.

The Geoff Moore song "If You Could See What I See" (from this post) was already decided to be used during the ceremony and it was the closest we'd come to a song we both liked.

The man was over at my house one afternoon and had borrowed my car. I went to run an errand and there was a cassette (yep, a cassette) in the player and I hit play. Emotionally Yours by Bob Dylan began to play, and as I listened, I knew I'd found our first dance song.

When I got back, I ran in the house and told the man I thought I'd found our song, and he said, 'funny, so did I, I meant to ask you to listen to it while you ran your errand, but what was your song.' I said, I don't know what it's called, but it's on the tape in the car. Yep! We were talking about the same song - and from that minute, it was our first dance song as husband and wife.

I guess you could say we gave this song to each other. Man, I am, forever, Emotionally, Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.