8.18.2009

100th Post

It seems that the 'thing' to do in Blogland when you reach your 100th post is to do a "100 Things You May or May Not Know About Me" Post. So, as not to be left out, here are 100 things 'bout me (in no particular order, y'all are about to see just how random my brain is)...

1. I love ice cream. So, go ahead and grab yourself a bowl to eat while you read this very long list. Really. Go ahead. I'll Wait.
2. Welcome back! What kind of ice cream did you get? Personally, I'm a plain vanilla topped with peanuts and chocolate syrup kind of girl - unless I'm at Dairy Queen, then it's vanilla with cherry dip in cone; or at Cold Stone, then it's cake batter or banana ice cream with chocolate chips.
3. I do not like it when my food touches. For example, on Thanksgiving, the mashed potatoes should not touch the turkey.
4. I'm 30. I don't like being 30. Not one little bit. I miss my '2's.
5. I'm married to my best friend and the love of my life.
6. My dog is her own unique designer breed - a Sharmation (that would be a Chinese Shar-Pei and a Dalmation mixed together). She's one of a kind, well 1 of 4, she has 3 siblings in the world.
7. I live in the town I grew up in. We tried to move away, but missed it so much, we were back in 5 years, stat.
8. I have 4 parents. Mom. Dad. Stepmom. Stepdad. I'm a lucky lady.
9. I have 2 brothers. One is 28 (almost) and the other is 13.
10. I love to swim.
11. I am Roman Catholic.
12. I was told once that I have big ears. I now have a complex about my ears and adjust my hair before photographs to hide them.
13. A night of wine and board games with the man is a pretty good date in my book.
14. I love to travel. Car. Plane. Boat. Train. I'm not picky.
15. Audiobooks kept me sane during the 4 years I had an hour and a half long one-way commute.
16. If I could have any car it would be a Navy Blue Ford Explorer with the optional 3rd row seat. Tan leather interior. Sun-roof.
17. The man is apalled that if I could have any car it would be a Ford Explorer. I like what I like.
18. I have a terrible sense of smell.
19. I sell candles as part of my job.
20. The man bought me lillies for our anniversary. I can actually smell them. They are my new favorite flower.
21. I HATE cleaning. I will put it off until I can actually see the dust on the furniture. Then I at least feel like I've accompished something when I'm finished.
22. I love football. And football players.
23. I don't get celebrity crushes. Except for football players.
24. And Jake Gyllenhal. Not the Brokeback Mountain Jake Gyllenhal; the Jarhead Jake Gyllenhal. The Christmas Scene explains this. Side Note: Don't watch this movie if you are offended by the "F***" word when used as a noun, adjective, verb, adverb, or any other part of speech.
25. I love the beach.
26. I hate sand.
27. I drove across the USA twice. Once along I-40 and once along I-70.
28. There is a small little ice cream shop along I-40 somewhere in Texas with really yummy Watermelon Ice Cream. I really wish I'd journaled about our drive while we were driving.
29. I didn't understand 'Purple Mountain Majesties' until I drove I-70 through Colorado. A.Maz.Ing.
21. I went to graduate school in Los Angeles at USC.
22. Our WVU Season Tickets are one of my prized possessions. Die-hard fan would be an understatement.
23. I'm proud to be a West Virginian. We might be a little behind the rest of the world, but we're honest, hard working, and always have each other's backs.
24. I played basketball and volleyball in high school.
25. When I started college I was a Chemical Engineering Major.
26. Then I switched to Early Childhood Education and Speech Pathology and Audiology.
27. Then I went to grad school for Education of Deaf/Hard of Hearing children.
28. I taught for 5 years.
29. I left teaching to run my own business and work from home.
30. I like crunchy food. Chips, peanuts, sprinkles, pretzels, it doesn't matter.
31. I watch 2 soap operas. Every. Day. The Young and the Restless & The Bold and the Beautiful. I don't know how I did it before DVR. Did I really just admit to that? Now you know it's real 'round here.
32. Snow is ok with me. So long as it comes on Christmas and leaves after New Years.
33. I am a horrible singer. No exaggerating here. It's really bad. I don't even sing karaoke.
34. I don't often pay attention to everything going on around me. This sometimes leads to funny conversations...sometimes it's rather embarrassing.
35. Finding my best-friend from high school again on Facebook is one of the best things in my life.
36. I am always looking for the bright side of things. I've even been accused of being 'too positive'. My glass is 1/2 full and that's just the way I like it.
37. Don't get me wrong, I have my pity-party moments. I just prefer to look at the brighter side of things.
38. I love thunderstorms. Rain. Lightening. Thunder. All. of. it.
39. When I lived in Los Angeles, I felt one Earthquake. It was a little one (4.0). I'm glad that's all the bigger it was.
40. I'm socially awkward. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to hold my hands. Where to put my feet. I feel like everyone is looking at me - even though I know it's not true. Most of the time.
41. I have an uncanny ability to spill things on myself more days than not.
42. This creates lots of laundry. I don't like laundry.
43. Well, it's not so much the laundry I don't like. I actually love the smell of fresh clean towels and clothes. It's the empty laundry basket that goes back in the closet and 2 seconds later has more dirty laundry in it. It's so deflating.
44. A man who can fold laundry is very sexy to me. Two of the man's friends taught him to fold shirts. Three attractive men, all folding shirts at the same time, I was just about beside myself. TMI?
45. Moving on...I'm extremely Patriotic, but no blindly so. I'll disagree with policies or wars, but NEVER with our soldiers! I ask them to do something every day that I choose not to do myself. Put on a uniform and risk their lives.
46. I love to do nice things for other people, big or small.
47. I'm a serious chatterbox. Really. I'll talk your ears off.
48. Except in elevators - I just stare straight ahead in silence.
49. I enjoy wine.
50. It used to be just white, but I'm broadening my horizons and have found a few reds I enjoy now too.
51. Expect during football season, then it's Beer or Captain Morgan's.
52. Back to football, I will stay to the very end of any game I attend. Winning. Losing. By a little. Or a lot. I'm not going anywhere until the game is over.
52. I don't know how the man feels about this. I've never asked. I'm not going to because it won't change my mind. That's not very nice is it?
53. Hmmm? I am how I am I guess.
54. I fought getting a Twitter account.
55. But I gave in (as evidenced on my left side bar).
56. I actually really like Twitter and wonder what took me so long.
57. I also really enjoy blogging. More than I thought I would.
58. I've never kept a diary or a journal for more than a couple of weeks. Wonder what it is about blogging that's kept me coming back?
59. I do love me some technology. Maybe that's it.
60. I love me some functional technology - if it doesn't serve me a purpose, quickly, I'm not interested.
61. The man knows this about me. That's why when he was wanting a PlayStation3, he made sure to point out the positives of it also being a BluRay Player.
62. It worked. I love the BluRay Player that also happens to be a PS3.
63. We own a 23 lb. cat. He's like a big teddy bear. That drools. When he drools, he has to get down. Kitty drool is just nasty.
64. Other than the drool, he's a really cool feline.
65. He hates Kali (our dog). He'll hiss at her if she just walks too close to him.
66. Oh well, siblings are supposed to fight, right?
67. When I married the man, he gained brothers - 2 of them - and I gained sisters - 4 of them.
68. Anyway, I also like fruit. Watermelon. Apples. Blueberries. Cherries. Grapes. Yum. Yum. Yum.
69. And popcorn.
70. And pizza.
71. I do not like onions, black olives, or mushrooms. Not. at. all.
72. I am going to be very sad (I think) when Lost is over.
73. I'm waiting to buy any of seasons of Lost on BluRay because I want to know how it ends first. If it's a bad ending, I don't want to waste my money.
74. I like to shop, but I don't like to waste money. In fact, I really hate it when I feel like I've wasted my money.
75. I've not always been great at managing money, but I'd like to think I'm getting better.
76. I'd also like to think I'm getting better at being a work from home wife. You know, keeping a cleaner house, making better-tasting food, etc.
77. The man is the best husband a girl could ask for (sorry y'all he's taken) and I just hope to be 1/2 the wife to him that he is a husband to me.
78. At the very least, I'm entertaining. You never know when I'll say or do something stupidly funny.
79. The man, he's quite the practical joker. Only once or twice have I beat him at his own game. It's hard.
80. I think random acts of kindness are only random to the person on the receiving end. They should be deliberate by the person on the giving end.
81. I wonder why, and I know it sounds naive, we all can't just get along. Really. We've got one Earth and one life, why not be kind to each other while we're here?
82. This naivety and earlier mentioned glass-half-full mentality can get me in trouble. I tend to err on the side of expecting the best in people and at times am hugely surprised when they don't live up to my expectations of being a basically good person.
83. When this happens, I have a hard time opening up to new people for a while.
84. I don't have a large circle of friends, I've never been part of the 'cool' crowd.
85. I'm ok with that. Now.
86. Moving on, I went to visit my brother (the one who is almost 28) in Dallas in July.
87. In our whole lives I think it's the best time we've ever had together. We weren't close growing up and are very different in a lot of ways. For the first time, I really think we found some common ground.
88. I went to visit my brother. I gained a friend. Time and distance did us good.
89. Ok, at #89 of 100, I can't put it off any longer because I'm pretty much out of other juicy tidbits, and I figure most of you are gone by now anyway...I still sleep with a stuffed animal. Charlie.
90. He's a stuffed (well, not really stuffed anymore, he's a kinda really flat) dog and I've had him for almost 30 years.
91. My mom used to tell me "No man is going to let you have that dog in your bed when you get married." The man does - he has 'Noopy (that would be a very old Snoopy dog). We tuck Charlie and 'Noopy into our pillows in the mornings. Don't tell the man I told you about 'Noopy.
92. I fully believe in the power of a dream. I don't think dreams come true by accident. But with hard work. Dreams do come true.
93. I dream of a big house with a backyard full of trees and dogs playing among them.
94. I dream of growing old with the man. Of sitting on a porch swing watching thunderstorms roll in. Of always walking hand in hand. Of just being. Together.
95. I dream of travel all over the world.
96. I dream of helping others. I dream of giving to others, both of time and money.
97. I dream of kindness in our lives. Of love in our hearts. Of laughter on our lips. Always.
98. I am willing to work for my dreams.
99. I married my best friend. The man of my dreams. Who shares my dreams.
100. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say, out of all that....

    You STILL HAVE Charlie?!?! How has that poor dog not disintegrated by now?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.