7.11.2009

Going to the Big 'D'

Have you ever had one of those weeks when you wake up Monday morning with a list of things to do and places to go about 3 miles long? And the next thing you know it's 3pm on Friday and you're not sure how you got there?

Yea? Me too. That was my week last week. I couldn't tell you if it was a good week or bad week, because well, I think it was over before it started.

Now, I'm in the Pittsburgh International Airport waiting for a flight. I'm hoping that the luggage I checked really does contain everything I'll need for the next 7 days. If not, I'm guessing they have Target in Dallas.

Dallas? You ask. Oh, you didn't? Well, let's pretend you did!

I'm off to Dallas to visit my brother, Michael and his girlfriend Jenn. Michael has lived in Dallas for 2 years now and this is my first visit, does that make me a bad sister? And to make it worse, the Man is not coming, so Michael will have to actually hang with me. I am looking forward to meeting Jenn and visiting the JFK Memorial and doing whatever else it is you do in Dallas.

The Man is not coming because Dallas is just the first leg of this 7-day journey, and hey, somebody's gotta work this week. On Wednesday, I leave Dallas at oh-dark-thirty to head to Atlanta. What??? A trip from Pittsburgh to Atlanta doesn't really need to go through Dallas? Hmm? Imagine that! Anyway - On Wednesday, I leave Dallas to head to Atlanta for this year's PartyLite Conference where I will learn to be the very best Candle Lady and teacher of Candle Ladies I can be! And get to see the new product line. And get to find out where next year's Incentive Trip will be. (Note: To the spreaders of Swine Flu and other epidemics, please find somewhere other than the location of this Incentive Trip to infest. K? Thanks!).

Woo Hoo! My flight is on-time (for now anyway). Oops, you don't care about my flight status, do you? Sorry 'bout that.

I hope you've enjoyed this oh-so-random post. This is what you get when I've had less than 3 hours of sleep and no caffeine. Really, what airport does not have a Starbucks? I'm not a coffee drinker and really had my hopes up for a nice Venti, Non-Fat, Extra-Hot, Chai Tea Latte. And NO, a cup of regular tea will not cut it this morning. Here's hoping Minneapolis's airport is better equipped. And yes, apparently Minneapolis is on the way from Pittsburgh to Dallas. Hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.