6.15.2009

Anniversary and Birth-month Celebrations

The Man's Birthday is coming up on June 30. The Man often always refers to June as his Birthmonth. When we decided to get married in June, he decided that he would wait to begin birthmonth celebrations until the 13th. Well, because I'm such a sucker good wife, I play along with this little game of his. Sometimes.

This year was one of those sometimes. I decided to make plans with some friends of his to start the Birthmonth celebrations on the 13th...with a trip to PNC Park in Pittsburgh to watch the Pirates play. I also decided to book a hotel room in Pittsburgh for the 2 of us on Friday night and then the 4 of us on Saturday. I figured I'd suggest dinner in the 'burgh for our anniversary and then give him the hotel confirmation print out at dinner.

At least that's what I figured.

Well, when anniversary plans came up earlier last week, it became clear that we were each trying to surprise the other. Me with the weekend in Pittsburgh to celebrate our anniversary and the begining of the Birthmonth. Him with a special dinner at one of our favorite restaurants here in Morgantown. We ended up having to each lay our plans out on the table to see how we could make it all work.

Friday night, we had dinner at The Glasshouse Grille where one of The Man's sister is the Chef. Our dinners were perfect and dessert was served with a personal touch! Thanks so much Jessica!

After dinner we headed to our hotel in Pittsburgh, listening to the end of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals as we drove. Go Pens!

On Saturday, The Man and I lounged by the pool with some Sangria and then 2 friends, Corey and Gigi joined us for the ball game. The Pirates actually won-they are undefeated in games we've attended-and there was even a Grand Slam. The views of Pittsburgh are always great from the Ball Park.


7 comments:

  1. that is so sweet that you both were making plans.!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little CatJune 16, 2009 7:29 AM

    Looks like a good time!

    I miss PNC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped in from SITS! I too, have a birthmonth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your man's a very lucky guy. You guys look so happy. I'm glad you had such a good time. If you get a chance, stop by my blog and enter my one year anniversary contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having such a super duper month .

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whole birth month! Why didn't I think of that? :)
    Those dessert pics are making my hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a fantastic time! I love that your desserts were customized - they look beautiful AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.