5.25.2009

Memorial Day 2009

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself."
-Joseph Campbell

This Memorial Day, I realize how blessed I am. I've never had to attend a military funeral of a friend or family member who died in combat or as a result of combat. Everyone I've ever known to leave the US to go to fight a war has come back. I know I'm blessed to be able to say this and today I think of all of those who cannot say it. My thoughts and prayers are with those today who honor not only all of those who have died, but a friend or family member especially.

To my friends & family who've worn the Uniform and defended Freedom, I thank-you from the bottom of my heart and soul.


4 comments:

  1. Amen! So moving. I am thankful for all those men and women who sacrificed for our freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them.

    Author Unknown .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great post. All too often people forget. And I don't think most of us have a clue about what it's like to lose someone to a war. So sad. But I am thankful. Daily I think of these people that give me all these freedoms.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.