4.02.2009

Resolutions - Update

Since I decided to make my New Year's Resolutions public and all, I figured some sort of update would be a good idea too. Quarterly sounds good, right? Right.

So, how am I doin'? Since I used to be a teacher, I think I'll grade myself. Because I'm creative like that. Or not.

1) Quit Biting my Nails: A-
Yay me! It's an A- because now someone needs to teach me how to get my contacts out without poking myself in the eye. Repeatedly.

2) Re-acquaint myself with the elliptical machine at my *free* gym: B
We were reacquainted and then I ditched him for something better. The pool! Haven't lost a whole size yet, but there is some definite extra room in the jeans :).

3) Become an educated Believer: C+
This one is definitely a work in progress. And not unfolding the way I thought it would. I had great plans for doing a Daily Devotional, reading my Bible the entire way through for the first time ever. And yet, it's April, and I'm still stuck in Genesis :(.
BUT, I have been learning so so much more in other ways. I am teaching the Children's Catechism Class for 3 children who will be Baptised, Confirmed, and receive their First Communion at the Easter Vigil Mass April 11. Learning and teaching about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as well as why we do what we do as Catholics has really increased my understanding of it all as well.
I can also say that I daily take time not just to ask God or thank God or yell at talk to God, but also to LISTEN to what He might be trying to tell me. It's nice. I like it.
I have also learned so much from some fellow bloggers. A few of my favorites?
A Spring of Joy
Bring the Rain
Conversion Diary

4) Quit the hemming and hawing: B
This one was hard and not so hard all at the same time. Once I got used to the idea of actually making decisions, and making them quickly, I found it freeing. Occasionally though, it may have been a bit rash and too quick. So the hard part has been finding that line between when a quick decision is OK and when I need to think it through a little bit. The pool has helped with this.

All in all, I think I'm doing OK. But, I'm a straight-A kinda girl, so there's still work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.