4.10.2009

Flashback Friday: 4-10-09

It's Flashback Friday (hosted over at My Tiny Kingdom) and before I get to other things the real Flashback for today, Good Friday, is an image of a cross on a hill in Calvary. Thank-you Jesus for paying the ultimate price so that I may have redemption. (Picture from here.)

It is Good Friday, it is Flashback Friday, AND it is my Birthday. Yikes. No more 20-something for me. That's right, I'm 30. I'm not taking it so well. I know it's ridiculous. Many friends have already turned 30 and survived. I'm still not taking it well. At all.
So, in hopes of cheering myself up and in hopes of putting a smile on a face or two out there in Internet land, I asked Mom for some photos of past birthdays of mine.
This is me at 3 weeks old. See that BALD head, yea, it was like that 'til I was 3.
My 4th Birthday. What a great cake! Notice the candles?

Ever wonder what happens when you put trick candles on a 4-year-old's birthday cake? Wonder no more...

Yep. That's just not a happy face. Oddly enough, my stepmom tried to do the same thing to my brother when he turned 13 this year. The candles didn't work. Hah! What an evil invention those things are. Think maybe I shoulda had therapy for this one?!?!

Next up, 1985. My Pap's birthday is April 22. Many years our birthdays were celebrated together. This was our 6 and 60 year. He'd have been 84 this year. I miss sharing a cake with him.

Cutting a cake is serious stuff, at least I guess it is to a 7 year old.

And an 8 year old. I think this was the year we got 8 inches of snow - during my slumber party. Wonder why I never had another one of those???

And for the Final Flashback - 13, Welcome to Teenhood!

Looking back over the past 30 years of my life I can only come up with one word to describe them that just might cover it all: Blessed. Blessed to know all 4 of my grandparents; and to still know one. Blessed to know 5 Great-Grandparents. Blessed to have 4 parents and 2 brothers. Blessed to have met The Man. He is my soul-mate; our souls were made to be together. Blessed to hear my phone ring every April 10 at 7:33AM (the time I was born) and be sung to not once, but twice - once from Dad and once from Mom.

Looking to the next 30 years of my life I can only hope and pray that they are as Blessed as the last 30.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I know, I'm late. Sorry! I love that your mom and dad call you at 7:33 to sing happy birthday. That is awesome!

    Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.