1.06.2009

Sleet, One-Tired-Me, Fog Lights, Hot Tea & a Granola Bar, 12 Deer, and 10 Minutes

What do these things have in common? My drive home last night.

Sleet - what it was doing when I stepped out of Stacy's house at 11:30PM to drive 2 1/2 hours home last night. Weather.com assured me that my drive would be sleet free, so I set out with a promise to come back if it didn't clear up quickly.

One-tired-me - how I was feeling as I pulled away as I was running on about 5 hours of sleep from the night before, followed by a long day, a 2 1/2 hour drive, and a meeting.

Fog lights - my entertainment for the first leg of the trip as I appreciated how well they lit up the right side white line when a truck passing in the other direction and I met on 522 N.

Hot tea and a granola bar - My sustenance for my drive. Stacy always makes sure I've got something caffinated and warm to drink and a snack for my drive home - thanks! I drank the tea throughout the drive, but the granola bar was my 'reward' for staying awake for the 1st 1/2 of the drive - had I known just how yummy it would be, it never would've lasted to Cumberland. Gotta make a note to get some of those.

12 deer - yep, 12! The good news - not a one came in contact with my car. They were ALL spotted in the last 1/2 mile before home on the road to our aparment. I think I'll teach Kali that it's her mission in life to rid the apartment complex of these creatures.

10 minutes - The time I shaved off the arrival time given to me by my GPS! This ultimately proved to be just that thing to keep me awake for the last part of my drive. How fast did I have to drive much time did it take to shave a minute off the arrival time?

1 comment:

  1. You are one brave girl... my admiration runs deep. :) Thanks for a fun read and a good laugh. Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.