1.25.2009

On Eagle's Wings

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

January 25, 2004. I said good-bye. I shed tears. I thanked God.

I shed sad tears and I thanked God for His Mercy.

I shed selfish tears and I thanked God for His Wisdom.

I shed tears for time lost and I thanked God for years of togetherness.

I shed tears for a year of fighting and I thanked God for working swiftly and gently.

5 years ago, I said good-bye to my Grandfather, my Pap. Not my first Grandparent to die. The first I walked the journey with, almost to the very end.


Tonight. I shed tears. I thank God. And I smile.

I shed tears for my loss. I thank God for the 24 years of memories burned into my memory. I smile as I remember those memories.

I shed tears for my Nan. I thank God for the strength he has given her these last years. I smile at this strength and I pray some of it is hidden somewhere in me.

I shed tears for my Mom. I ask God for strength for her, please Lord, this is still so hard on her. I smile because I see moments of strength that she does not realize.

I shed tears for my Pap. I ask God to hold him in His hand. I smile because I know he runs without weariness and walks without being faint.

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

2 comments:

  1. Shedding tears with you. I dread the day I will walk that road with My Pap... He and I are so close. (And my grandmother is Nan, too.) What a coincidence. :)

    Praying you know His peace tonight and thankful you do not grieve without hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you have the memories. Losing someone is so hard...but remember that the ache in your heart reminds you of how much you loved him. That is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.