12.24.2008

Merry Christmas

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6 NKJV

I wish everyone a blessed Christmas filled with family, friends, and laughter!

I also want to express my gratitude for the life God has blessed me with. Sitting around the kitchen table with my Mom and Nan yesterday, Nan commented at the pile of gifts under the tree and how it was ridiculous. I thought, not ridiculous, but something to be grateful for. Grateful that we are able to give gifts to each other in this poor economy. Grateful that we will all be together. Grateful that she, at 80, was able to drive from Pittsburgh just a few short months after major surgery and looks better than she has in years. Grateful for so many many things.

Finally, my Christmas prayer: That we may all truly remember the reason for this season. Remember why we buy and wrap the gifts, why we put up a tree, and why we gather to celebrate. Thank-you God for sending your only Son to us. May we begin towards the Peace that he brought us, on a daily, personal level and on a worldly level.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Merry Christmas to you and your family and "God bless us, every one." (I call my grandmother Nan, too.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second Angie's amen. I think all too often the reason for the season is lost in the wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.