12.29.2008

The Game!

I felt like a kid again. I lay down to go to sleep and my eyes wouldn't shut. I was so excited. I was even out of bed before the alarm. Was it Christmas Eve? Nope. Rather Christmas Day night - we were leaving for Charlotte in the morning.

The 6-hour drive went by quickly and we were in Charlotte in time to watch the Statewide Sportsline Live Broadcast - oh so special for me because Tony Caridi was my link to WVU Sports when I lived out of Morgantown:


Friday night was much like the previous eve...I was supposed to be in bed sleeping, but my eyes were wide open. The game was the next day. I woke up at 3:15 thinking it surely had to be almost time to get up, not so much. Finally - 7:30, let's get going!

We had yummy Chicken from Bojangles and other tailgate neccessities and then headed over to Bank of America Stadium - FINALLY!


The game was the most exciting all year! Pat White's greatest passing performance of his career, the defense stepped up when it mattered most, winningest senior class in WVU Football history, 4-0 in bowl games...and of course, the final score:


To sum it all up:
2 Tickets to Meineke Car Care Bowl: $170
Gas for the drive to Charlotte: $60
Food and drinks: $75
First-ever Bowl Game Experience: PRICELESS!!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm so glad you were able to go... and WIN! Happy new year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We listened on the radio on our way home from Augusta and we hit Charlotte just as the stadium was letting out. Hope you didn't get to "enjoy" the traffic as much as we did. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.